Diono Quantum Review: Would I recommend it? No.
Hands up if you had/or are having a hard time deciding on which stroller to purchase for your little(s)? I remember when I was pregnant with Lincoln I spent hours (ok days) looking up reviews on various strollers trying to decide which one I wanted because let’s be honest.. strollers are expensive AF and aren’t something you want to be replacing every few months.
I was lucky enough to receive the Diono Quantum stroller to test out and review for you guys however PLEASE keep in mind these are my honest thoughts. I’m not here to sugar coat anything and I’ll be giving you the good, the bad and the ugly of the Quantum stroller. So sit back, relax.. it’s going to be a bumpy ride 😉 HA.
- Comes in 4 different colour selections (black, blue, red and teal)
- The basket is XL
- When you purchase the Quantum it comes with a cup holder + apron (which reminds me of a sleeping bag that goes around the seat to keep your babe nice and warm during the winter months)
- Without the seat attached the stroller folds very easy and compact however refer to “THE BAD” because it doesn’t end here 😉
- The Quantum has a built in strap so you can throw it over your shoulder and head out the door
- The canopy is 4-tier (HUGE) and provides full sun coverage
- The handle bar has six different height positions that can be easily changed by using the two buttons on the inside of the handle.
- This stroller is insanely heavy. According to West Coast Kids the frame is 20.5lbs, the seat is 11lbs which total 31.5 pounds. Let me quickly put those weights into perspective for you.. the UPPAbaby Vista is 26.6 pounds, the Nuna Mixx is 24.9lbs, the UPPAbaby Cruz is 21.5lbs and the Bugaboo Cameleon3 is 21lbs
- Remember how I said the stroller folds compact w/o the seat? Right. WELL I personally find it annoying that the seat needs to be removed to properly fold the stroller, like it’s just one more step you know? Apparently you can fold the stroller w/ the seat attached (I haven’t been ableto figure that out) but I’ve heard it ends up being very bulky and too large to fit into a regular sized car
- Like I mentioned above the stroller is heavy and not only does that apply for lifting the stroller in/out of your vehicle but also pushing it as well. It reminds me of a loaded shopping cart and doesn’t steer well. Let’s just put it this way, you can’t move the stroller with one hand and I’ve owned and tested out many strollers that had that capability.
- As of right now adapters are not available for infant car seats. I believe it’s in the works but IMO I wouldn’t release a product until it’s compatible w/ an infant car seat unless it was an umbrella type stroller ya’know? UPDATE: After speaking with Diono they informed me that adapters will be available for Graco, Chicco, Nuna, Maxi-Cosi and Peg Perego and will be available to ship in 2-3 weeks.
- I don’t mind the frame colour (silver w/ black accents) however I find it extremely wide and bulky for being a single stroller
Would I recommend this stroller? For the $700 CND price tag, no. For $30 CND more you can purchase the UPPAbaby Cruz($549USD) which is 10 pounds lighter, a hell of a lot sleeker and for an additional $100 you can purchase the PiggyBack board and convert it into a double stroller. Do you own or have checked out the Quantum at one of the many Diono retailers? I would love to hear your thoughts. Do you like it? Did you purchase it? Would you recommend to a friend?